Solar On-Grid Rooftop Kits
Solar On-Grid Rooftop kit is a solar system that generates electricity and is connected to the utility grid. The electricity produced by the system is routed to this grid or the electrical service provider from where it is used to run the various appliances. A grid-connected PV system consists of solar panels, one or several inverters, a power conditioning unit and grid connection equipment. Batteries are not used hence it is cheaper and easier to install than the off grid system.
The grid connected rooftop system can work on net metering basis wherein the beneficiary pays to the utility on net meter reading basis only. Alternatively two meters can also be installed to major the export and import of power separately. The mechanism based on gross metering at mutually agreed tariff can also be adopted.
In feed-in-tariff the Government offers a tariff for purchase of the solar power generated from the solar plants.
How does solar On-grid system work?
1) CAPTURE : Solar Panels convert sunlight into DC electricity.
2) CONVERSION : Inverters turn DC electricity into usable AC electricity.
3) MEASURING : Electricity Smart Meters measure how much electricity is used by and how much is sent to the grid.
4) USAGE : Solar Energy can be used to power any household electrical appliance.
5) EXCESS : Solar Energy that isn’t used by you is fed back into the grid to be used by the utility company.
6) Feed-in Tariff : Not only you save money from generating your own electricity, any power your system feeds back into the grid will be credited to you on your next electricity bill.
- No losses for transmission and distribution
- Free Electricity
- Minimal maintenance
- No requirement of additional land
- Reduced emissions
- Flexible configurations
- Source of income generation